A Crazy Mixed-up School.
There'd been a terrible mistake. Wayside School was supposed to be built with thirty classrooms. But instead, it was built one on-top-of the other...thirty stories tall (the builder said he was very sorry)! That may be why all kinds of funny things happen at Wayside School...especially on the thirteenth floor.
- You'll meet Mrs. Gorf, the meanest teacher of all.
- Terrible Todd, who always gets sent home early.
- And John who can read only upside down.
- Along with all the other kids in the crazy mix-up school that came out sideways.
- But you'll never guess the truth about Sammy, the new kid.
- Or what's in store for Wayside School on Halloween!VIEW ALL OF OUR BOX-SETS HERE!
Why Our Experts Love It
We love it for its silliness. Plain and simple.
About the Author:
When Louis Sachar was going to school, his teachers always pronounced his name wrong. Now that he has become a popular author of children 's books, teachers all over the country are pronouncing his name wrong. It should be pronounced Sacker, like someone who tackles quarterbacks or someone who stuffs potatoes into sacks.
Mr. Sachar received a B.A. in economics from the University of California at Berkeley. His first book, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, was accepted for publication during his first year of law school. After receiving his law degree, he spent six years asking himself whether he wanted to be an author or a lawyer before deciding to write for children full-time. And we're glad he pursued writing!