Crystals, Rocks & Minerals! Oh My!
- Learn about rocks and the minerals that form them.
- Dig deeper, and discover the fascinating crystal structures of these minerals.
- Much more than just a crystal growing kit, this experiment kit teaches you the chemistry of crystals and the geological science behind rock formation with more than 18 hands-on projects and investigations.
- Grow three chemically different types of crystals that exhibit not only different colors, but also different crystal shapes.
- Build three-dimensional geometric models of common crystals shapes including octahedrons, tetrahedrons, and rhomboids.
- Mold your own crystal geode . . .a hollow rock with crystals growing inside!
- Come with a full-color, 32-page experiment manual.Check out ALL our outdoor science kits!
Why Our Experts Love It
This science kit is a great introduction for kids to geology. There is so much they will learn about, like the geologic rock cycle, the three main categories of rock (igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic), how they are formed, altered, destroyed and formed again.
These are the building blocks to our world. The ground that we stand on everyday. We love this set because its experiments make science (and rocks) come to life!