News of environmental problems threatening life on Earth seems to be everywhere.
- All of this information can be frightening and confusing, especially to a child.
- This science kit gives them the tools and information to learn firsthand about the environmental problems burdening our planet and how we as a civilization can overcome these problems through sustainable practices and the sensible use of technology. The kit is organized into five main sections:
- renewable energies
- natural resource usage
- climate change prevention
- waste and water management
- and energy conservation.
- Construct a miniature water treatment plant and learn how substances in unnatural concentrations can pollute habitats and harm life. Manufacture recycled paper and plastic.
- Get an understanding of the rapid growth in world population. Explore the causes and consequences of the greenhouse effect with carbon dioxide tests.
- Experiment with heat transfer and insolation.
- Build devices to explore wind power, water power, and passive and active solar power technology.
- Become an energy detective and track down wasteful uses of energy at school and in your home.
- The full-color, 48-page manual guides your experiments and energy conservation activities.More Earth Science Kits Here!
Why Our Experts Love It
We love it when boring ol' textbook science comes to life! The Earth Lab science kit is a wonderful way to get kids interested in science and experimentation.
Exploring the topics introduced in this kit by doing hands-on experiments and seeing real results helps young scientists attain a solid grounding in these often abstract and intangible concepts.
There's no better way to understand the world around you than by seeing science in action. Who knows what's next? MIT?