Child Development Milestones for 4 Year Olds - Education
The following are the child development milestones for a 4 Year Old focusing on Education development. Our Child-Experts use these milestones for a 4 Year Old as a guideline for selecting all our educational toys, books and games. We have created the Head-to-Toe system - consisting of the seven developmental skills that every toy, book and game will help develop. From Imagination at the top of their heads to the locomotion skills at the tips of their toes. And every point in between.
Below are the Education skills to a 4 Year Old child, the associated Education developmental milestones and links to the age-appropriate educational toys.
Please keep in mind that all children develop at different speeds. If your child is not able to do all of these functions, do not be alarmed. These developmental milestones are a guideline. If you believe that your child is behind in learning and developing these skills please consult your pediatrician.
- Plans constructive structures
- Simple spelling and letter recognition
- Counts 1 to 10 objects
- Groups like objects together (food, shapes)
- Establishes one-to-one correspondence (3 napkins to 3 plates)
- Continues to learn through experience and the senses
- Draw simple shapes and draw a person with at least four body parts
- Starts to recognize patterns among objects ÃƒÂ£ round things, soft things, animals