Child Development Milestones for 6 Year Olds - Education
The following are the child development milestones for a 6 Year Old focusing on Education development. Our Child-Experts use these milestones for a 6 Year Old as a guideline for selecting all our educational toys, books and games. We have created the Head-to-Toe system - consisting of the seven developmental skills that every toy, book and game will help develop. From Imagination at the top of their heads to the locomotion skills at the tips of their toes. And every point in between.
Below are the Education skills to a 6 Year Old child, the associated Education developmental milestones and links to the age-appropriate educational toys.
Please keep in mind that all children develop at different speeds. If your child is not able to do all of these functions, do not be alarmed. These developmental milestones are a guideline. If you believe that your child is behind in learning and developing these skills please consult your pediatrician.
- Develops reasoning skills
- Shifts from learning through observation and experience to learning via language and logic
- Knows right from left and number of fingers
- Attention span starts to increase
- Memory will increase often remembering favorite nursery rhymes
- He or she will describe actions, events and enjoy telling stories, frequently remember fine details
- Will understand categories well, such as, Ã¢â‚¬â€œA dog is an animalÃ¢â‚¬Â.
- Has a broader sense of right and wrong
- Shows a strong desire to learn
- Can put events in order, such as beginning, middle, and end
- They should know their whole name, address and birthday
- Is now able to hold a conversation and will enjoy talking with friends and family
- Likes board games, crafts and other constructive projects