Child Development Milestones for 7 Year Olds - Social
The following are the child development milestones for a 7 Year Old focusing on Social development. Our Child-Experts use these milestones for a 7 Year Old as a guideline for selecting all our educational toys, books and games. We have created the Head-to-Toe system - consisting of the seven developmental skills that every toy, book and game will help develop. From Imagination at the top of their heads to the locomotion skills at the tips of their toes. And every point in between.
Below are the Social skills to a 7 Year Old child, the associated Social developmental milestones and links to the age-appropriate educational toys.
Please keep in mind that all children develop at different speeds. If your child is not able to do all of these functions, do not be alarmed. These developmental milestones are a guideline. If you believe that your child is behind in learning and developing these skills please consult your pediatrician.
- Commonly suffers more colds, sore throats, and other illness, because of exposure at school
- Tend to talk a lot in situations where they are comfortable
- Desires to be perfect and is quite self-critical
- Takes direction well; needs punishment only rarely
- Avoids and withdraws from adults
- Is a better loser and less likely to place blame
- Becomes comfortable with own gender identity
- Child doesn't like being kissed in public, especially boys
- May help out with the housework, such as vacuuming or washing dishes