The game transfers Ligretto's idea of simultaneous play to a simple dice game.
- Ligretto consists of 24 dice in for colors (6 each in red, yellow, green and blue), 6 dice cups, a cloth bag and a game board to place the dice on (with a columns in each colour and rows numbered from 1 to 6).
- At the beginning of each round, the players draw an equal number of dice from the cloth bag depending on the number of players.
- Then they roll their dice simultaneously and try to place their dice on the placement board as fast as possible.
- Of course, dice may only be placed in the column of the corresponding color and they have to be placed in ascending order (e.g. the 3 may only be placed when the 1 and 2 are already in place).
- At any time, a player may reroll ALL his unplaced dice.
- As soon as one player gets rid of all his dice, play stops.
- For each of his unplaced dice, each player gets minus one point.
- In addition, the player who finished first positively scores the sum of all unplaced dice.
- The game is played in several rounds.
Why Our Experts Love It
Seriously, get it. If you are reading this, get it. It is fun, unique and great for the parents to play (and probably lose) with the kids.
Ligretto Dice game is such a fun fast paced game that the entire family will have a blast playing it. One of the best parts is this game is quick and easy to play.