Child Development Milestones for 4 Year Olds - Language
The following are the child development milestones for a 4 Year Old focusing on Language development. Our Child-Experts use these milestones for a 4 Year Old as a guideline for selecting all our educational toys, books and games. We have created the Head-to-Toe system - consisting of the seven developmental skills that every toy, book and game will help develop. From Imagination at the top of their heads to the locomotion skills at the tips of their toes. And every point in between.
Below are the Language skills to a 4 Year Old child, the associated Language developmental milestones and links to the age-appropriate educational toys.
Please keep in mind that all children develop at different speeds. If your child is not able to do all of these functions, do not be alarmed. These developmental milestones are a guideline. If you believe that your child is behind in learning and developing these skills please consult your pediatrician.
- Uses relational terms (first, next, thenÃƒâ€ž)
- Continues to expand ability to tell stories
- Uses increasingly complex sentences
- Easily composes sentences of four or five words
- Will ask the most questions of any age
- Can control volume of voice for periods of time if reminded
- Speaks clearly enough for strangers to understand