Child Development Milestones for 7 Year Olds - Emotion
The following are the child development milestones for a 7 Year Old focusing on Emotion development. Our Child-Experts use these milestones for a 7 Year Old as a guideline for selecting all our educational toys, books and games. We have created the Head-to-Toe system - consisting of the seven developmental skills that every toy, book and game will help develop. From Imagination at the top of their heads to the locomotion skills at the tips of their toes. And every point in between.
Below are the Emotion skills to a 7 Year Old child, the associated Emotion developmental milestones and links to the age-appropriate educational toys.
Please keep in mind that all children develop at different speeds. If your child is not able to do all of these functions, do not be alarmed. These developmental milestones are a guideline. If you believe that your child is behind in learning and developing these skills please consult your pediatrician.
- Uses serious, logical thinking; is thoughtful and reflective
- Able to understand reasoning and make the right decisions
- Worries more; may have low self-confidence
- Tends to complain; has strong emotional reactions
- Understands the difference between right and wrong
- Waits for her turn in activities
- Starts to feel guilt and shame
- Initiate discussions about right vs. wrong.
- Makes connections and distinctions between feelings, thoughts, and actions
- May blame mother for anything that goes wrong. Male children will identify strongly with father
- Most kids understand that death is final and that they, too, will die one day - although they are often more worried about parents dying
- Overcome some fears they had when they were younger, but still can be terrified of the unknown